4.7.07

Finally getting the hang of it....I think...

Last year I bought one of Candace Crockett's books on Tablet weaving. From day one I had my eye on a lovely pattern, made up of only 11 cards. The design is by Bettie Adams and all my research on Internet has given me zip on this lady, so all I can do is give her credit here for this pattern. The book was first published in 1973 and although I was already on the planet in those days I sincerely hope both Candace and Bettie are still with us too!!

I have a rather dull brown hangarok (if you click on the Lindisfarne entry you can see me wearing it) and it really needs some spicing up with a nice tablet woven trim. I am using two bright colours of orange, light and dark and white in the middle. It's cheap wool and one of the downsides is that it sticks together continuously but hey, I am still an apprentice in this craft...

Below is the pattern, click on the image to enlarge. I'll add a photo of the hangarok when it's done :D



1 comment:

Laren said...

The pattern looks great worked up. I might have to give it a go. I am thinking about making a viking outfit (I'm normally 16th c English or Anglo-Saxon for camping), but I have some nice wool that would make a great Viking outfit.

Cheers,
Jane